Chakra, Sanskrit for wheel.
When we speak of the chakra system, we most often refer to the 7 main energy centres in the body, starting from the base of the spine and ending at the crown of the head. These spinning wheels are responsible for the flow of prana, life force energy, through a system of nadis, or channels in the body.
Known for thousands of years, the chakra system is most often associated with the spiritual practices of yoga or the healing practice of Reiki.
When the channels become blocked, dis-ease of the mind and body can follow. When the channels are clear and open, energy flows freely, leading to increased health and higher states of awareness.
The ancient practices of yoga have married with the western practices of psychology as many practitioners make connections between the physical, emotional and spiritual bodies of the individual.
I stumbled into the chakras through a spinal injury 15 years ago. You could say my spine became my teacher. Shortly after my injury, I married and had 2 children.
While I plumbed the depths of this ancient energy system, I faced the challenges of new motherhood and life with small children. All while dealing with my injury. What I quickly realized was that I didn't need more time on my yoga mat to contemplate the chakras. I needed practices that flowed into my daily life. Messy. Unpredictable. Glorious. Western life.
The intention of this course is:
- to unfold Root chakra, supporting your investigation and understanding of this particular energy centre within your body and your life.
- to give you real world applications along with ancient practices to improve the health of the chakra.
- to deepen your connection to your body, mind and spirit through the natural world
- to deliver your roadmap in bite-sized (chakra-sized) pieces, helping you know what part of your life/health needs attention
- to encourage honouring the individual through honouring Nature
- discover how this wheel functions for you, where it shows up in your life
- uncover physical and emotional issues related to the energy centre
- receive a toolbox of practices to use for the rest of your life
- immediately be able to put the practices to use
- awaken to deeper levels of awareness of the dance of your body, mind and spirit
There are many practices offered through this course. You are not required to implement all of them. Choose the practices that resonate with you and that you feel most inspired to bring into your daily life. You are responsible for you. And I believe in you.
Welcome to your journey through the chakras; navigating your life from the inside, out.
*The information presented here represents the views of the author as of the date of publication. This program is meant to inform, not diagnose or treat specific health conditions. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis and treatment. Always consult your doctor before beginning an exercise, wellness or nutrition plan.